Call for Proposals – CALA Poster Session @ ALA Annual
Sunday, June 25, 2017 , 2:30-4:00pm
2017 ALA Annual Conference
Session Description: CALA poster sessions provide an ideal platform for CALA members to showcase, discuss and share achievements in research, work in progress, examples of best practice, innovative services, and community development in an informal scholarly setting. They will be held at the same location and room for the CALA Annual Conference Program. Posters are to be assigned to a 90-minute time slot between 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
Submission Format: Poster session proposals are limited to an abstract only with the following elements of information:
- Author(s): Name(s), Institution, email(s), short bio(s) (150 words each author)
- Abstract (250 words) that briefly address the following topics:
- Method, Analysis, and Finding (Research)
- Description of Work in Progress, or Best Practice, or Innovative Services, or Community Development
If citations are essential to the abstract, please include no more than five references in APA format.
Selection Criteria: Poster session proposals will be evaluated by the subcommittee of the CALA Annual Conference Program Committee using the following criteria:
- Is the title accurately reflecting the content? Is it descriptive, attractive, and inviting?
- Is the abstract clearly written? Does it follow APA format<http://www.lib.vt.edu/find/citation/apa.html> (http://www.apastyle.org/)?
- Do the research findings contribute to the LIS field?
- Is the description of the work well written?
- Are the findings or accomplishments generalized to other libraries, or other fields and disciplines?
· A maximum of 42 inches wide x 42 inches tall
1 inch margin left, right, top and bottom
No headers or footers
Fonts is 10-point and Times New Roman
Single spaced text
Maximum length of a proposal is 1 page
Maximum length of the abstract is 250 words
No more than 5 references (in APA style) if needed
Please submit the poster proposal at http://cala-web.org/node/1909 Proposals are due on Friday, April 14, 2017.
Post Session Sub-committee:
Assistant Director, Technical Services
Queens Public Library
89-11 Merrick Blvd
Jamaica, NY 11432