Call for Applications: 2016 CALA Jing Liao Award for the Best Research
Dear CALA members,
The CALA Jing Liao Award for the Best Research Committee is now accepting applications through March 31, 2016 for research published in 2015.
The pursuit of excellence in research and service was what defined the career of Jing Liao (1954-2011), a long-time CALA member and a devoted and accomplished librarian at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The establishment of this memorial fund honors the memory of Jing Liao by encouraging CALA members to strive for excellence of research in all media.
CALA members in good standing for at least three consecutive years are eligible for the competition that awards $500 annually. This year, awardee will also receive an additional $500 supplemental travel grant if he/she will participate in the 2016 ALA/CALA Annual Conference in Orlando, FL. The Jing Liao Supplemental Fund is donated by the following companies:
- Beijing Zhenben Technology Co. Ltd.
- China International Book Trading Corporation
- Transmission Books & Microinfo Co., LTD.
We acknowledge their generous donations.
The deadline for 2016 submission is March 31, 2016. The applications may be submitted to the co-chairs or any of the Committee members listed below. The winner will be announced prior to the ALA annual conference in Orlando. The award will be presented and a citation read at the CALA Awards Banquet in June 2016.
Award Guidelines for 2016
- An award in the amount of $500 will be granted to the author(s) of the winning publication in 2016;
- A supplemental travel grant in the amount of $500 will be awarded to the author(s) to attend the 2016 Annual CALA Award Banquet with proof of attendance in Orlando, FL.
- Applicants must be CALA members in good standing for at least three consecutive years, including the award year (i.e. 2016);
- Applicants must demonstrate excellence in scholarly research by publishing works in any media (e.g. print, multi-media, or e-Journals including Open Access journals);
- Applicants may submit one single work (in either English or Chinese) published in 2015 for consideration;
- Applicants must not be past recipients of the award.
- Originality of the research;
- Quality and thoroughness of the research and its presentation;
- Contribution to the subject field;
- Significance to the library profession and to the library community.
Please submit the following documents to the committee co-chairs: Yingqi Tang (email@example.com), Mei Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A short cover letter including a statement of your CALA membership history and current status;
- Full-text of your publication in PDF format;
- A complete citation of your publication in Chicago, APA, or MLA style, including its DOI link or URL if available;
- A copy of your recent curriculum vitae.
The submission guideline is available at http://web-cala.org/cala under “Awards“. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of the Committee members.
Jing Liao Award for the Best Research Committee, 2015-2016:
Yingqi Tang (Co-Chair), email@example.com, Jacksonville State University
Mei Wang (Co-Chair), firstname.lastname@example.org, University of Michigan
Raymond Wang, email@example.com, Community College of Baltimore County
Ying Xu, firstname.lastname@example.org, California State University Los Angeles
Liu Yan, email@example.com, University of Maine